Business and Enterprise at Wolverley CE Secondary School aim to support students in developing their understanding of the business world and entrepreneurship.
It is our aim to prepare students to use business and financial information to make better decisions for both themselves in a personal capacity as well as enhancing their ability to make sound business decisions in a professional capacity.
Pupils are able to study GCSE Business or BTEC Enterprise at Key Stage 4.
The EDUQAS 9-1 GCSE Business course involves the study of many essential areas of business which will prove very useful for students in their future careers. This includes but is not limited to the study of; business finance, influences on business as well as human resources.
The BTEC Enterprise course is a mixture of coursework and examination. This course focuses on exploring businesses, business finance, promotion and planning and pitching a business idea.
Component 3 - Topics to be studied in year 1
- Elements of the promotional mix and their purposes
- Targeting and segmenting the market
- Factors including the choice of promotional methods
- Financial documents
- Payment methods
- Sources of revenue and costs
- Terminology in financial statements
- Statement of comprehensive income
- Statement of financial position
- Profitability and liquidity
- Using cash flow data
- Financial forecasting
- Suggesting improvements to cash flow problems
- Break-even analysis and break-even point
- Sources of business finance
- What is an enterprise?
- Types and characteristics of SMEs
- The purpose of enterprises
- Customer needs
- Using market research
- Understanding competitors
- Internal factors
- External factors
- Situational analysis
- Measuring the success of an SME
Component 2 - The topics to be studied across year 2
- Generating ideas for a micro-enterprise activity
- Plan for a micro enterprise activity
- Pitching a micro-enterprise activity
- Presenting a business pitch
- Using feedback and review to identify possible changes to the pitch
|BTEC Enterprise Overview||18th Sep 2019|