I am delighted to inform you that we have been judged as an outstanding school in our recent SIAMS inspection which took place on Friday, 9th December 2016. The Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist School (SIAMS) report has now been published and a full copy can be found on our website. Miss Allyson Taylor, Assistant Director of Education Development & Effectiveness for the Diocese of Hereford, led a rigorous inspection against the National Framework and has judged that we are an outstanding Church of England school. The inspection process comprised scrutiny of key documentation and data as well as lesson observations, learning walks and interviews with staff, students, parents and governors.
In her report Miss Taylor identified the following key strengths:
· This is an outstanding school due to the way every student is known, valued and so enabled to learn.
· Leadership is exceptionally committed to meeting the needs of students and their families.
· The Christian ethos is the lifeblood of the school and is a constant presence, guiding actions taken.
· Religious education (RE) is a ‘leading light’ of the school and shows the way other subjects follow.
· Engagement with families is strong and so attendance, particularly for vulnerable students, is improved.
The report places emphasis on the improvements to provision in the school and the rise in academic standards achieved by our students, their improved attendance and good behaviour. It also recognises our partnership with you as parents and carers and the “shared and growing view that parents and staff want the same for the young people in their care.” Our Ambition Unlimited ethos was also a strong feature of the inspection with the report stating: “It is clear that this school is living out its vision and values in an exemplary way. At this time of significant change in education, leaders are committed to the future success of the school as a church school and it is clear that there are no limits to that success.” I am sure that you will share my pride in our wonderful school and the achievement and efforts of all of our students and staff which ensure key judgements about us are so positive.